New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login613715 members (4 yesterday), private messages

dogging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > Uploading pictures I

See newest message in thread

Uploading pictures I

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *igbum.    profile verified by photo premium paying member (F 2 weeks ago

@private mail, +add as contact

I'm still unable to upload my pictures to my profile. I'm not sure why this is happening as I used to be able to upload my pictures all the time. I'm not sure whether anyone has any ideas as admin never reply

Thank you x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ushingEvenMoreBoundaries  (M)(F 2 weeks ago

This could be a lengthy answer but I'll try and keep it short.

The site is winding down. When the owners got rid of the chatroom, I would imagine the overall disk space they hold on whatever server has also decreased. This means the site capacity for holding/storing data, in whatever format has been reduced. To compensate for this, they will have reduced the maximum size, in kilobytes a picture can be when uploaded.

Devices these days, take bigger and bigger (in kilobytes, remember) pictures because they are able to with advances in technology.

Somewhere, at some point - probably when they reduced diskspace, the lines between size vs capacity have crossed and gone out of kilter.

You need an app that reduces the picture size to less than 1mb (1000 kilobytes), or set the camera to take smaller pictures.

XXX pic...
login to view

"This could be a lengthy answer but I'll try and keep it short.

The site is winding down. When the owners got rid of the chatroom, I would imagine the overall disk space they hold on whatever server has also decreased. This means the site capacity for holding/storing data, in whatever format has been reduced. To compensate for this, they will have reduced the maximum size, in kilobytes a picture can be when uploaded.

Devices these days, take bigger and bigger (in kilobytes, remember) pictures because they are able to with advances in technology.

Somewhere, at some point - probably when they reduced diskspace, the lines between size vs capacity have crossed and gone out of kilter.

You need an app that reduces the picture size to less than 1mb (1000 kilobytes), or set the camera to take smaller pictures."

Thank you however lots of others on here seen able to upload their pictures x

XXX pic...
login to view

.....yes they do, probably using one of the solutions I offered above

XXX pic...
login to view

Thank you lovely Enoch for helping with my pictures. God bless you x

*egalbeagle By *egalbeagle   profile verified by photo (M) 2 weeks ago

Good lad Enoch! We are all grateful haha. *pervs*

XXX pic...
login to view

"Good lad Enoch! We are all grateful haha. *pervs*"

Enoch is very kind and he sorted my photos for me as I am unable to upload my photos at their usual resolution or whatever it's termed as thank you Enoch x

By  *eli1    profile verified by photo premium paying member (F 2 weeks ago

So what you first suggested then pushings

XXX pic...
login to view

*heshcple By  *heshcple    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M)(F 2 weeks ago

There has always been a limit to the size you can upload, just re-size them and they will go through

*heshcple By  *heshcple    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M)(F 2 weeks ago

"This could be a lengthy answer but I'll try and keep it short.

."

None of this is true, there has always been a limit to the size of pic you can upload, we had trouble when we joined in 2007 until SJ advised to reduce the pic size.

*atpurr By *atpurr   profile verified by photo (F 2 weeks ago

Enoch is such a smooth

XXX pic...
login to view

"

None of this is true, there has always been a limit to the size of pic you can upload, we had trouble when we joined in 2007 until SJ advised to reduce the pic size."

Some of it was totally true and I quote "This could be a lengthy answer" and "Devices these days, take bigger and bigger (in kilobytes remember) pictures"

And maybe some other stuff......

By *nal Delight   premium paying member (TV/TS/CD) 2 weeks ago

I've found that sometimes, if I have a picture to big to upload, I'll often whatsapp my self the picture and it reduces the megabytes so that then you can use the picture.

Or save it to a picture program and reduce the pixels there. Save as a pdf then save that back as a jpeg, will reduce the file size also.

*heshcple By  *heshcple    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M)(F 2 days ago

"

None of this is true, there has always been a limit to the size of pic you can upload, we had trouble when we joined in 2007 until SJ advised to reduce the pic size.

Some of it was totally true and I quote "This could be a lengthy answer" and "Devices these days, take bigger and bigger (in kilobytes remember) pictures"

And maybe some other stuff......"

Ok I will reword for you, what you said about the site introducing a size limit since the chatroom went down is not true, there has always been a limit to what size you can upload

Add a new message to this topic