New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login563282 members (106 yesterday), private messages

dogging.co.uk > Forums > The lounge > The weather this month

See newest message in thread

The weather this month

*ikeit72 By  *ikeit72    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Is Cornwall & S. Devon really cut off??? Can you really sail all over Somerset???? Has W Wales really fallen into the sea, is Scotland our new riviera (temperature wise) and has this wind blown Senor Gropers wig off yet??? Answers on a postcard please...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Could be Henry

Yes you can sail on the Somerset levels, a county that had, until a month ago, been my home for 35 years and feeling now for my friends and family who are still trying to exist.

The mainline rail to Penzance has gone.

It is an extreme year for storms but historically not so unusual.

Fortunately even our worst weather is mild in comparison to, for example, those in the hurricanes sandy and katrina regions, particularly the carribean, those who face dozens of typhoons yearly, the rain that affected large swathes of Australia, earthquakes, tsunami's, volcano's, severe droughts,

It's still pissing me off though

In all seriousness if it turns out the scientists are right...what will you say to your kids/grandchildren when they ask you...why didn't you do something to stop this

It is not how it was forecast when global warming first became a viable threat.

Then the prognosis was of an equatorial calm visiting these islands.

Then it was followed by talk of the North atlanic conveyor stopping or reversing sentencing us to siberian weather forever.

Then stormy gales, which of course has been part of our weather for millenia.

I do not dispute man made global warming or the need to do some quite drastic things to reduce it, stuff we all moan but our part of the world is still warming up form a mini ice age so the current unpredictability would to some extent be with us without man warming up the planet, we have had these tempestuous years in the past, for example the Somerset / severn tsunami 300 years ago, the jet stream has only been known about for 75 years so it's past history is an unknown.

Speaking parochially, regarding the somerset levels, it has been the "save the planet" brigade who have campaigned with some success to reduce irrigation and drainage encourage partial flooding of the levels that have helped todays disaster.

XXX pic...
login to view
By *roper46   premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

i can confirm likeit good sir that Mrs Groper is currently shopping round zummerzett in her boat and is aided by the help of her chest waders as for my wig those bastards on dragons den assured me that it was wind proof this is not the case and i shall be seeking compensation from theo flopadopolus now where did i put that number for now wig no fee

No serious science was ever done about what the climate would change into(that was all paper talk)..all they've ever known is that it will drastically change the climate the outcome was always best guesses..and to be fair to them...it's been a consistent message for 25 years now and still there's probably only about 10 to 15pc of the population have any understanding of what we need to do to solve!! It...it's the worst conveyed message in the history of mankind

The first serious study was in fact done back in 1965 by East Anglia university. It was dismissed as academic alarmist poppycock.

The threat to the Atlantic conveyor has been sunstantive for 15 years now but again, apart from the loss of warming currents, how that would affect our climate locally is still anyones guess. It could well reduce our stormy atlantic weather but as we saw a couple of winters ago it could instead increase our Siberian influence.

The fact is that no matter what politicians pontificate about global warming and the need to seek alternative energy, reduce deforestation, curb emissions and stop jet aircraft no one is prepared to pay for it.

Pay pay pay ain't that the truth...the solution is completely at odds with capitalism unfortunately, it requires less consumerism less cars less holidays less strawberry,s in December!! And shock horror less PEOPLE....either it goes..or we do ..although being somebody of little monetary value..I say it

"It is not how it was forecast when global warming first became a viable threat.

Then the prognosis was of an equatorial calm visiting these islands.

Then it was followed by talk of the North atlanic conveyor stopping or reversing sentencing us to siberian weather forever.

Then stormy gales, which of course has been part of our weather for millenia.

I do not dispute man made global warming or the need to do some quite drastic things to reduce it, stuff we all moan but our part of the world is still warming up form a mini ice age so the current unpredictability would to some extent be with us without man warming up the planet, we have had these tempestuous years in the past, for example the Somerset / severn tsunami 300 years ago, the jet stream has only been known about for 75 years so it's past history is an unknown.

Speaking parochially, regarding the somerset levels, it has been the "save the planet" brigade who have campaigned with some success to reduce irrigation and drainage encourage partial flooding of the levels that have helped todays disaster."

........Ummm by the way... It's not global warming anymore .. you may have noticed why all the scientist have recently started called it climate change ..and it's because the world is actually cooling down and we are heading back into another mini ica age....All these climate scientists don't really know what they are talking about, i know this because many cant even predict a simple day to day weather forecasts...let alone find out where all of this so called "Lost CO2" that was supposedly causing the green house effect not ten years ago has gone!

..May i also add Humans are not the only producer of CO2 on this planet .. every day plants, animals and even geological movements cause the production of it was well as many other harmful chemicals...For example that volcano in Iceland .. the one that has been erupting since 2010 ( or there abouts) spewing thousands of tonnes of CO2 and other chemicals into the atmosphere .. and then you combine that with all of the other volcanoes erupting around the world at the same time you can see that us humans are not the only producers of CO2 on this planet.....Not that i don't believe that we shouldn't cut our emissions .. im just saying that people get so hung up about the fact that we are supposedly single handedly causing the world "Choke and Die" .... Rant over

So scientists no shit ...I bet you don't say no too anti biotic,s or your numerous inoculation,s against polio measles rubella do you turn down the offer of sat nav when lost are you still using the internet via cups and string...no..disbelief is a natural human thing when told bad news..but given the choice of thousands of fantastically educated opinions that concur that were in the mire ,against a few uneducated or sponsored by oil giants, wallys..the choice is easy....Infact if you do the numbers and probability thing...even if those thousands are wrong...your still better off doing the hard but necessary changes

XXX pic...
login to view
By *sumlovers   profile verified by photo (M)(F  over a year ago

It's pretty moist here !!!

*ladecarpal By *ladecarpal  (M)  over a year ago

As you should be ..x

I said climate scientists .... and actually i do say no to as many anti-bionics as possible, because i want to have a healthy immune system, not one relying on every chemical under the sun.. i have necessary vaccines for polio and other such nasty viruses and disease.....Are you calling me Uneducated??? I am currently studying such things in the university where i study... My brother in law is a marine climate scientist and his opinion is that with the very few years of recorded weather ..say a maximum of 200 yrs...this isn't nearly enough time to try and predict the weather patterns of the world .. the world having a weather system for the last few Billion years!! ... If you read what i said .. i didn't have anything against trying to cut out emissions .. i was just saying that people should stop criminalizing the human race for something they are causing only a small part of in the grand scheme of things and also stop taking what the governments are saying quite so seriously, because they have agendas to push and they only listen to the radical scare mongering climate scientists!

"In all seriousness if it turns out the scientists are right...what will you say to your kids/grandchildren when they ask you...why didn't you do something to stop this "

Checking out at the supermarket, the young cashier suggested to the much older woman, that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment.

The woman apologised and explained, "We didn't have this 'green thing' back in my earlier days."

The young cashier responded, "That's our problem today - your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

She was right -- our generation didn't have the 'green thing' in its day.

Back then, we returned milk bottles, lemonade bottles and beer bottles to the shop. The shop sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilised and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were recycled.

But we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.

Grocery shops bagged our groceries in brown paper bags, that we re-used for numerous things, most memorable besides household bags for rubbish, was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our

schoolbooks. This was to ensure that public property (the books provided for our use by the school), was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalise our books on the brown

paper bags.

But too bad we didn't do the "green thing" back then.

We walked up stairs, because we didn't have a lift in every supermarket, shop and office building. We walked to the local shop and didn't climb into a 300 horsepower machine every time we had to go half a mile.

But she was right. We didn't have the "green thing" in our day.

Back then, we washed the baby's Terry Towel nappies because we didn't have the throwaway kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-

gobbling machine burning up 3 kilowatts wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days.Kids had hand-me-down clothes

from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that young lady is right; we didn't have the "green thing" back in our day.

Back then, we had one radio or TV in the house - not a TV in every room and the TV had a small screen the size of a big handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of Scotland In the kitchen. We blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the

mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn

petrol just to cut the lawn. We pushed the mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club

to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right; we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

We drank from a tap or fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But we didn't have the "green thing" back then.

Back then, people took the bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their Mums into a 24-hour taxi service in the family's 50,000 People Carrier which cost the same as a whole house did before the "green thing." We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances and we didn't need a computerised gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest Pub!

But isn't it sad that the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the "green thing" back

then?

Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smart arse young person...

We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off...especially from a tattooed, multiple pierced smart arse who can't work out the change without the cash register telling them how much it is!

"I said climate scientists .... and actually i do say no to as many anti-bionics as possible, because i want to have a healthy immune system, not one relying on every chemical under the sun.. i have necessary vaccines for polio and other such nasty viruses and disease.....Are you calling me Uneducated??? I am currently studying such things in the university where i study... My brother in law is a marine climate scientist and his opinion is that with the very few years of recorded weather ..say a maximum of 200 yrs...this isn't nearly enough time to try and predict the weather patterns of the world .. the world having a weather system for the last few Billion years!! ... If you read what i said .. i didn't have anything against trying to cut out emissions .. i was just saying that people should stop criminalizing the human race for something they are causing only a small part of in the grand scheme of things and also stop taking what the governments are saying quite so seriously, because they have agendas to push and they only listen to the radical scare mongering climate scientists!"

...I was pointing out the fact you prefer to listen to the minority uneducated view of climate change...even if you could possibly reject all the research by the experts as nonsense or thousands of them have got there science wrong...look at the statistics for weather anomalies..trust your instincts if your old enough to remember how it used to be...and think even if there wrong and we spend all this money and time changing our way of life..so what were still here..if we do nothing and you and your brother in law are wrong...we're fucked..proper fucked like that rabbit off snatch

Your slightly forgetting that old people also set the stratosphere alight with nuclear weapons poisoned the earth everywhere with asbestos drove cars that polluted massively air craft that polluted massively 1 tv took more electric than six modern ones one light bulb took more than 15 modern ones your houses were poorly insulated and you heated them with the most polluting fuels...every town and city had thick poisonous smog regular...and you did none of the recycling through choice but by poverty...so think on before you think it's not you

You really are a cheerful chap, do you not think you should temper your attitude a little towards the views of others, they have made points just as valid as your own.

What hard evidence do you have how can you prove Ben1993 and his brother-in-law are wrong. Present the evidence to back up your claims.

Instincts have been known to be wrong, if they were always correct, then there everyone would choose the same lottery numbers and win a million every time they played.

The climate has always been in a state of flux, moving from desert to ice age and all points between throughout millennia.

Weather anonmolies have always occured; heat wave & Drought 1976, the Winter freeze of 1962/63 (Thames froze over), the floods of 1953, Thames freezing over and you can go back through history to find more.

Man since the undustrial revolution has just increased the pace of change, but it was changing anyway.

its all bunkum bunkum I tell ya bloody scaremongering, now wheres me coal bucket?

ITMA! ... You are clearly a man of good sense and who unlike the clearly narrow minded 'cheshire.voyeur'... has like me read up and has familiarized himself with the constant weather changes that have happened down throughout the ages in both this wonderful country and the rest of the world...Thank you for alliterating my point with the many facts and figures and also for not biting my head off

By *ack117  (M)  over a year ago

Anyone for a nice cup of tea?

Also to the 'cheshire.voyeur' .. you should do some reading around about the points you are making and then maybe you will see some other points of view.. and for the record I NEVER SAID HUMAN WEREN'T A PART OF THIS CLIMATE CHANGE ... I ONLY SAID WE ARE NOT ONLY TO BLAME!!

*rbital By *rbital   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

How many more excuses from British Rail ?

The latest one is that there is the wrong type of seaweed on the tracks at Dawlish in Devon.

get rid of all the cows and their shitting and farting I say!!!!

" ITMA! ... You are clearly a man of good sense and who unlike the clearly narrow minded 'cheshire.voyeur'... has like me read up and has familiarized himself with the constant weather changes that have happened down throughout the ages in both this wonderful country and the rest of the world...Thank you for alliterating my point with the many facts and figures and also for not biting my head off "

..there's hundreds of thousands of documents freely available to read from many sources...I don't understand the logic of either of you..I'm not being rude I'm just not quoting evidence like you two both are..you say we're not only to blame like you want to do something about volcanoes..well you can't change a volcano it's inevitable but what you do we can change..and change quite easily..and the other chap quoting past weather are you mad we've got roughly 150 years of records..the wettest January ever..the second wettest year ever the first spring in 50 ,hottest year ever these all in the last decade..and it's not just here..Australia hottest year ever and they had to redo the map because it was never conceived a few years back it would get to 50 degrees..Texas had its driest year ever filed by its wettest year ever..do you know what the statistical chance of that is?..nasa has 30 years of satellite record,s and guess what were hotter..I'm honestly struck for words that there's people who still don't belive it's correct ask people in Somerset who are stuck in lakes add far add the eye can see...or Newcastle 18 months ago who's houses were washed away

*ikeit72 By  *ikeit72    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

Wow - so many clever people on here!!! Much clever than me - all I know is I hate this wind and rain - almost as much as last years snow! Whatever the cause!!!!

Thank you like it almost forgot coldest January in 40 years and earliest severe snow October/November in 50 years and just look at north America for the last month..all these weather events are record breaking

I am fed up with arguing with you and i imagine so are the other 4 people who have tried to reason with you... you are clearly narrow minded in your thinking ... yes i accept all that you say to a certain extent and its not that i dont know the recent weather events and the apparently new "Record Highs" it's just when you research the historical books going further back than 150yrs, you will notice things like the medieval warm period in Briton..they didn't have combustion engines, electrical power stations, nuclear devices and such things you are constantly pointing out...they simply experienced a massive heat spike over a long period of time ... you cannot pin this down to human activity .... and as i will say just one more time ... i am not denying taht humanity has had some effects on our planet .. i am just saying that they are not as great as people make them out to be .. and like ITMA! quite rightly said .. the earths climate is always changing and it always has .. we are just adding our little bit to the equation ... And with only 150yrs of records, who is to say that these "new record highs" have never happened before and wh can say that they have never been higher .. which i can bet the probably have been at some stage!

just get rid of the bloody cows! Job done!!!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ushingEvenMoreBoundaries  (M)(F  over a year ago

Erm........steak?

oh keep the odd bullock n a cow fr breeding then

coldest winter in 40 years :P ... that's just funny .. because in your life time you will remember the winter of unprecedented winter of 63 .. you are a joke

XXX pic...
login to view

This could turn as nasty as the weather..........

"This could turn as nasty as the weather.........."

I know .. and im trying to put a stop to it before it does :P

"I am fed up with arguing with you and i imagine so are the other 4 people who have tried to reason with you... you are clearly narrow minded in your thinking ... yes i accept all that you say to a certain extent and its not that i dont know the recent weather events and the apparently new "Record Highs" it's just when you research the historical books going further back than 150yrs, you will notice things like the medieval warm period in Briton..they didn't have combustion engines, electrical power stations, nuclear devices and such things you are constantly pointing out...they simply experienced a massive heat spike over a long period of time ... you cannot pin this down to human activity .... and as i will say just one more time ... i am not denying taht humanity has had some effects on our planet .. i am just saying that they are not as great as people make them out to be .. and like ITMA! quite rightly said .. the earths climate is always changing and it always has .. we are just adding our little bit to the equation ... And with only 150yrs of records, who is to say that these "new record highs" have never happened before and wh can say that they have never been higher .. which i can bet the probably have been at some stage! "

...I think maybe I'm not the best at getting across my point...I'm not being rude or like you call me narrow minded!...all your points are correct warm period,s cold period,s the cause of were not quite sure about maybe volcano activity maybe a tilt in the earth axis maybe unusual solar activity...but we cannot do anything about these events...however we know that carbon dioxide caused by humans is an actual climate changing event and we can do something about this ..no name calling no narrow mindedness just science...andyes no exceptions less beef less milk less cows less methane

XXX pic...
login to view

Dont stop on my behalf, please.

I dont want that being blamed on me as well as all this climate change.

"coldest winter in 40 years :P ... that's just funny .. because in your life time you will remember the winter of unprecedented winter of 63 .. you are a joke "

...oh I'm a joke but you can't even do maths or English...40 years from 2011 is...and I said coldest January not winter anyway...I'd get busy at uni if I were you

"I am fed up with arguing with you and i imagine so are the other 4 people who have tried to reason with you... you are clearly narrow minded in your thinking ... yes i accept all that you say to a certain extent and its not that i dont know the recent weather events and the apparently new "Record Highs" it's just when you research the historical books going further back than 150yrs, you will notice things like the medieval warm period in Briton..they didn't have combustion engines, electrical power stations, nuclear devices and such things you are constantly pointing out...they simply experienced a massive heat spike over a long period of time ... you cannot pin this down to human activity .... and as i will say just one more time ... i am not denying taht humanity has had some effects on our planet .. i am just saying that they are not as great as people make them out to be .. and like ITMA! quite rightly said .. the earths climate is always changing and it always has .. we are just adding our little bit to the equation ... And with only 150yrs of records, who is to say that these "new record highs" have never happened before and wh can say that they have never been higher .. which i can bet the probably have been at some stage! ...I think maybe I'm not the best at getting across my point...I'm not being rude or like you call me narrow minded!...all your points are correct warm period,s cold period,s the cause of were not quite sure about maybe volcano activity maybe a tilt in the earth axis maybe unusual solar activity...but we cannot do anything about these events...however we know that carbon dioxide caused by humans is an actual climate changing event and we can do something about this ..no name calling no narrow mindedness just science...andyes no exceptions less beef less milk less cows less methane "

see even know it all agrees get rid of the bloody cows!

XXX pic...
login to view
By *uke and Duchess  (M)(F  over a year ago

For all that is in the name of dogging!!!!!

Will someone please lean how to make a bleddy sentences and paragraphs.

Damned hard to read a good old written barney when those who are having the barney can't even write in a coherent manner.

Carry on...............

Duchess x

"I am fed up with arguing with you and i imagine so are the other 4 people who have tried to reason with you... you are clearly narrow minded in your thinking ... yes i accept all that you say to a certain extent and its not that i dont know the recent weather events and the apparently new "Record Highs" it's just when you research the historical books going further back than 150yrs, you will notice things like the medieval warm period in Briton..they didn't have combustion engines, electrical power stations, nuclear devices and such things you are constantly pointing out...they simply experienced a massive heat spike over a long period of time ... you cannot pin this down to human activity .... and as i will say just one more time ... i am not denying taht humanity has had some effects on our planet .. i am just saying that they are not as great as people make them out to be .. and like ITMA! quite rightly said .. the earths climate is always changing and it always has .. we are just adding our little bit to the equation ... And with only 150yrs of records, who is to say that these "new record highs" have never happened before and wh can say that they have never been higher .. which i can bet the probably have been at some stage! ...I think maybe I'm not the best at getting across my point...I'm not being rude or like you call me narrow minded!...all your points are correct warm period,s cold period,s the cause of were not quite sure about maybe volcano activity maybe a tilt in the earth axis maybe unusual solar activity...but we cannot do anything about these events...however we know that carbon dioxide caused by humans is an actual climate changing event and we can do something about this ..no name calling no narrow mindedness just science...andyes no exceptions less beef less milk less cows less methane "

Im sorry for calling you narrow minded .. but you called me wrong and pretty much a heathen for believing anything other than what you believed in ... i have said nothing that you haven't just said...yes we should try and curb our emissions and what not .. im just saying that its not all human activity that has caused this .. I put volcanoes down as one point and you keep referring to it like im not stating anything else... it was a valid point ... So i think that we should both agree to disagree on the matter in hand .... and maybe we should BOTH read up on each others arguments

XXX pic...
login to view

.knefv dofjnvodjfnv vfnvhuendeunfirjnfijrenijvniefnccniedjnciefjnciefjncefijnciefjnviefjnviefnvifejncifenvifejnvifrjnviefhbvfiebviefueofimvfoeincfeihbceifhvbefihbcjbdcsijfbCifuchijdhdyevsidbd...............dciunecihniefcbcbjdcbceihbcwdkhbcedihbc......kejdncihdebciybeckjefbciuebfckjsfbviefubcfcbief.......skjcnieufncifeunciefuhvifeuvh

Gobbledook.

Please try to read the above

Duchess x

"For all that is in the name of dogging!!!!!

Will someone please lean how to make a bleddy sentences and paragraphs.

Damned hard to read a good old written barney when those who are having the barney can't even write in a coherent manner.

Carry on...............

Duchess x "

..sorry I'm on a phone it has a nasty habit of predicting words I don't wish to use

XXX pic...
login to view
By *oyswanted   profile verified by photo (M)(F  over a year ago

Duchess is that Russian or welsh? Google translate failed to recognise it

"coldest winter in 40 years :P ... that's just funny .. because in your life time you will remember the winter of unprecedented winter of 63 .. you are a joke ...oh I'm a joke but you can't even do maths or English...40 years from 2011 is...and I said coldest January not winter anyway...I'd get busy at uni if I were you "

Please don't be so petty it's 9:20 at night and i have had a bit to drink .. your English gamma is as bad if you read back through your comments ( for example you typing "no..when you actually meant know" .... And okay 40yrs wasn't right ... but the fact remains that it clearly isn't the coldest January in the last 40, 50 ..150 years... There for not record breaking!! you are just clutching at straws!!

I think is said "make love not war" xx

XXX pic...
login to view

Nope!

Not Russian. Just a composite of the nonsense that is written without the aid of English lessons! lol

I likes a good old mass debate. When I can follow the thread as opposed to try to read it like a five year old attempting Janet and John stories.

Standards people! Standards

Duchess x

oi I have standards see my standards post!!!

I'm not calling anyone a heathen or a liar I hope your right and it's not as bad as they predict..unfortunately I think there right I think it's happening much quicker than they originally thought and if there right unfortunately there's plenty more Somerset,s and worse too come

long as I can get on the golf course soon!

I've just started using this Swype thing on android where you Swype the letters to make the word...it's very quick but sometimes very annoying

As are a lot of things just like the bloody weather and cows lol

"long as I can get on the golf course soon!"

not much chance there my friend..they even closed the hilly ones in the peak district now...although Buxton is very good..it's all limestone

mine is clay and has a river next too it first 5 holes flooded! Rest a quagmire!

You cant take back the past in the nicest possible way .. Okay i accept everything you say.. and i hope it is not the case either ....And can i please just say one more thing ...It's not just Somerset ... I live in On the south coast of Devon.. and it has been just as badly effected as dear old Somerset .. im not saying i don't feel for those poor people flooded out...It's just It's not the only place that has been effected by the adverse weather in these past few weeks .... thank you and goodbye

thank you and goodbye...cheerio and remember to recycle

"mine is clay and has a river next too it first 5 holes flooded! Rest a quagmire!"

..I blame the cows..no seriously they broke the fence down and trampled p.m. the greens the burgers

See that was meant to say ..on and buggers ..although burgers could be quite apt

Well said Duchess.

I dont think there is any doubt that climate is changing across the globe. But the global climate has always been changing. We have only really been tracking man's impact on the whole hydrosphere for the last 100 years (200 years locally in the UK). Deep ice core samples can give us an indication of what the atmosphere was like tens of thousands of years ago but even this cannot tell us the whole story. Cheshy is struggling with the vagaries English given the limitations of a of 'Smart' phone but nevertheless his points are in the main accurate(ish) and certainly well intentioned.

We do know what effect increased CO2 is likely to have over an extended period and even it is not all 'our' fault (earth quakes, volcanoes, et al)we should at least try to reduce our negative impact on the relative equilibrium of our singular living space. After-all, as far as we are aware, no other species is able to reduce emissions (no not even the methane producing ruminants).

One point to consider though, despite all comments to the contrary Meteorologists in the UK are correct 80% of the time in 5 day forecasting. That given all the differing variables in Boyle's Law that can affect our very small island is quite exceptionally accurate. A 2-5 degree alteration in direction of travel can produce a massive swing in the effects created by a pressure system when travelling over the vast sea tracts required to make landfall in the UK. In the US where the Met men have a far easier job due to the size of the land mass. This facilitates an exceptional number of monitoring stations, extensive satellite coverage which all creates the ability to measure air masses (in terms of pressure, temp, humidity and ground speed) to a incredibly high level of accuracy they still only manage 90-95% accuracy.....

If I may summarise,

The weather is changing, we are not quite sure in absolute terms why, we are not quite sure whether we are getting warmer or colder, we are not quite sure as to parameters of severity because of limitations of records, we are not quite sure of the accuracy of forecasts..

we are quite sure though that the other person is wrong.

Haha...you know what they say about two English men and conversation....that made me think of that Steve Martin film where he's the weather man in l.a. hot and sunny hot and sunny..and tomorrow its ..hot and sunny..if only we could sell this water on we'd be the Saudi Arabia of water

*ane 69 By *ane 69   profile verified by photo (TV/TS/CD)  over a year ago

does anyone know what happened to the hole in the ozone layer ??

It is healing in places.

The antarctica hole has almost dissapeared.

The NZ hole is stile there.

The Australia arsehole is still talking but then try and shut shane warne up

XXX pic...
login to view

"It is healing in places.

The antarctica hole has almost dissapeared.

The NZ hole is stile there.

The Australia arsehole is still talking but then try and shut shane warne up "

Now cleaning iPad of coffee

Duchess x

The Australia arsehole is still talking but then try and shut shane warne up

if he gets another facelift (allegedly) he might not be able to move his face at all

"If I may summarise,

The weather is changing, we are not quite sure in absolute terms why, we are not quite sure whether we are getting warmer or colder, we are not quite sure as to parameters of severity because of limitations of records, we are not quite sure of the accuracy of forecasts..

we are quite sure though that the other person is wrong.

"

.....no I know nothing about climatology...I do know science and there hypothesis is correct in the science...however I put all my faith in them as there the experts in that field and there 99 pc agreed on this..my point was more the I can't belive people who say some of it is natural so there's no point in trying to do anything...that's a bit like saying half the country's got hiv so I might as well not wear a condom as im bound to get it anyway..it's nonsensical and a bit like the proverbial ostrich head in sand malarkey..

what about the jet stream thingy?

agree we need to do something

but electric cars ? really

Jet streams and sea currents are natures way of moving around energy through the hemispheres an interesting note of this is that the northern and southern hemisphere,s are separated by an effect called coriolis which means the hemispheres are put under different pressures from humans..ie all your rubbish pollution radiation and heat..the ozone was specifically always a southern hemisphere problem caused by gases specifically refrigerant and propellant

electric cars are dangerous.

You can't hear them.

we need a man with a red flag walking in front.

Let's have progress

Electric cars really doesn't work...if you've got a car less than 20 years old...it's actually better to just repair and use it

It's greener to repair stuff than buy stuff

My postilion was struck by lightning!

"My postilion was struck by lightning!"

I normally attack them with a violet wand

Is there an N missing Gran?

Well if nothing else it was a lively post...who's have guessed everybody loves arguing over the weather

Least I have conversational ammo for the pub now...

Your lucky I gotta swim to the pub to drown my sorrows

"Well if nothing else it was a lively post...who's have guessed everybody loves arguing over the weather "

are we meant just to agree that its been terrible

I'm all for agreeing now if we could just agree on what to agree on unfortunately the only thing we all agree on is we disagree most of the time

One things for sure...hold on too your oars there's more coming at the weekend

"I'm all for agreeing now if we could just agree on what to agree on unfortunately the only thing we all agree on is we disagree most of the time "

--- I disagree pmsl

By *onnor  (M)  over a year ago

Why is snow like sex?

You never know how long it's going to last, or how many inches you're going to get.

Bloody typical...not a single inch all winter

"Bloody typical...not a single inch all winter "

silly billy - it is all liquid snow this year!!!!

Hasn't it been diabolical the weather

"Water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink" cos the sewers have backed up and the sewage works overflowed!!!!

Bet we have a hosepipe ban this year!

errrrrrrrr no! not unless we have a very dry summer and next winter is dry then maybe in 2015 as the water table and aquifers are full!

Err have you got a sense of humour?

"Err have you got a sense of humour?"

Don't be silly we have them removed before we are allowed on the forum, did you miss induction?

No I was there shagging in the back

Wow! How long have you been a contortionist?

I don't speak contortion but I can jiggle & wiggle (specially for Flo!!)

Unfortunately the fronts are lining up one after another out in the Atlantic with no real sign of change it might be mid march for the traditional transitional change and that's another six weeks for people already displaced for eight weeks.. Surely it's time for a big scale operation.. Army civilian and bucket loads of money even if it's at the expense of foreign aid

*hiny By  *hiny    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

Check out climate engineering weather warfare and the collapse of civilization on you tube that will answer all the question's you have bout current weather situation

From haarp to chemtrails im very familiar with most conspiracy, s... unfortunately I think there missing the really big one... We've fucked up the climate with unrelenting emissions for the last 250 years..

XXX pic...
login to view

"Unfortunately the fronts are lining up one after another out in the Atlantic with no real sign of change it might be mid march for the traditional transitional change and that's another six weeks for people already displaced for eight weeks.. Surely it's time for a big scale operation.. Army civilian and bucket loads of money even if it's at the expense of foreign aid "

The Army?

Why?

Well governments have seen to it that the navy does not have any vessels in reserve anymore

Thank God the droughts finally over! Its taken 150 years but finally the water table is back where it should be .....

"Well governments have seen to it that the navy does not have any vessels in reserve anymore "

We got HMS Victory, and 2 rowing boats!!!

The army why!!...I thought it would be obvious huge amounts of available man power, pumps , vehicles and equipment which would cost us very little

"The army why!!...I thought it would be obvious huge amounts of available man power, pumps , vehicles and equipment which would cost us very little"

Huge amounts of available man power.....not really, they are still fighting a war and the full time army is now less than half the size it was in 1990. There are not many Army units based on the Somerset Levels nor is there money in the defence budget to move the large numbers you state there are to the area...anyway. Mind you there are circa 1.5 million on the dole...lets be a little creative...

When people live below sea level, next to the sea; on a flood plain servicing two rivers; they can expect to be flooded - yes I feel sorry for them but if they don't want to be flooded they should go and live on hill, stop whingeing,and not expect everyone else to bale them out (bad pun) . People in huge swathes of the UK are also being flooded; it's not just Somerset. Wales, the North West, all along the South Coast and many towns and villages along the River Thames are just a few examples.

Were giving 11,000 million in foreign aid.. Let's divert half that.. We already own the vehicles and equipment we already pay the wages of service men .. Surely we have enough man power in the armed services to deal with a flood..

And yes I was talking about the problems located everywhere caused by the unseasonal weather

When people live below sea level, next to the sea; on a flood plain.... that's the entire of London Norfolk Suffolk half of Lincolnshire and Oxfordshire you wish to abandon then

There are now more people employed by BT than in the Army the Royal Navy and the RAF combined. There are more in John Lewis than either the RAF or the Senior Service. Plus those folks have their primary role to do and most are either on core duties or have just returned from it. There may be a handful of Units available to 'plug some gaps'. As for we pay their wages - well the already earn their wages many times over by dint of the dedicated Service to their country. They do indeed have a few amphibious vehicles that could operate in the flood plains but overall the small impact they would make given the size of the problems is really not worth the reduced level of readiness it would induce in alreadt stretched resources ..

I'd love to see Cheshire flooded

It wouldn't happen...too much hot air evaporating the water.....

As for we pay their wages - well the already earn their wages many times over by dint of the dedicated Service to their country.... no offence I was pointing out the no extra cost bit.. In shocked we can manage two wars in massive areas but can't deal with a flood... Christ what's it coming too

"It wouldn't happen...too much hot air evaporating the water..... "

HAhahahaha

"I'd love to see Cheshire flooded "

...what sort of a sick person are you

My point exactly. There is no flex really no flex left! There is an extra cost too as they have to be moved accommodated and someone has to backfill the jobs they wouldn't be doing. Just because a soldier is in the UK doesnt mean he is sitting on his poorly paid bottom doing nothing....they are all working their arses off all the time. It costs in blood sweat tears and good will to maintain any fighting force.....the good will only stretches so far.

I think the idea of utilising those on the dole would be a great idea.

But on a voluntary basis that will not affect the dole money, and maybe some additional money in way of recognition to people genuinely wanting to work and help out

"I think the idea of utilising those on the dole would be a great idea.

But on a voluntary basis that will not affect the dole money, and maybe some additional money in way of recognition to people genuinely wanting to work and help out"

Who said they were sitting on there arse..I simply said we could get the available man power to do something about a problem we have here right now...

What this isn't political scoring you pair of Humpty's there a genuine suffering we need trained people now not layabout, s and thief's

"Who said they were sitting on there arse..I simply said we could get the available man power to do something about a problem we have here right now..."

Well make up your mind! If you recognise that servicemen are employed not sitting on their arse and are doing work/training/on leave, where do you get this extra man power from?

Sometimes.. Honestly

It's wet, it's blowy.... Neither being the fun kind.

F.xx

Our Armed Forces are pretty adaptable, but they are (in general) not trained in disaster relief; they can help if there were extra numbers available....If there are extra numbers, they are in the hundreds not thousands and I think it a little narrow to label all benefit recipients as thieves and layabouts, there are some fine folk, skilled, talented and willing to help if there were the mechanism to co-ordinate them...now that is something that in small numbers the Armed Forces could make a bit impact.....

"It's wet, it's blowy.... Neither being the fun kind.

F.xx"

Ahhhh...but the rugby is going so well!

Yes, but I need entertaining while it's on. Lol

F.x

I'll be right over....

Wahey! Don't forget to bring your ludo board.

F.x

I havent got Ludo...will Frustration do?

I got balderdash lol

"I havent got Ludo...will Frustration do? "

You could take a pack of cards and play "Buggar My Neighbour", err I meant "Beggar My Neighbour"

Anyone for a game of Fuckaroo?

But I hardly know your neighbour.....perfect then!

"Anyone for a game of Fuckaroo?"

Is that where you win if you don't set off a ....chain reaction?

"I havent got Ludo...will Frustration do? "

Probably more apt!

F.x

Not bareback obviously

I need to know what this entails.... Sounds intriguing!

F.x

"Anyone for a game of Fuckaroo?

I need to know what this entails.... Sounds intriguing!

F.x"

Never played it Flo?

Well, you need a very steady hand ..... Everyone playing gets to take a turn and you are out of the game if it goes off.

In which case I'd be rubbish....

It always goes off in my hand! (Well not exclusively my hand.... )

F.x

You just need to relax and not be too up-tight Flo.

After a few goes you would loosen up nicely and be able to go all the way.

We would have a game ourselves but the last time we opened up the box some of the bits were missing.

Mr S

We love this weather, our garden isnt overlooked by any other house, nothing like having sex outside, in the wind, rain and mud! then in for a nice hot shower! X

"You just need to relax and not be too up-tight Flo.

After a few goes you would loosen up nicely and be able to go all the way.

We would have a game ourselves but the last time we opened up the box some of the bits were missing.

Mr S"

Sounds like the kind of game where you need all your bits.

F.x

Add a new message to this topic