New here? Register in under one minute   Already a member? Login613521 members (4 yesterday), private messages

dogging.co.uk > Forums > Website news and feedback > Fake Profiles!

See newest message in thread

Fake Profiles!

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ornyinconwy75    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

@private mail, +add as contact

Surely it would be better for everyone if members had to be photo verified before being able to upload any more pics?

I really don't get why any genuine member isn't photo verified, as although being a face pic, always remains private. So whats the big deal?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

XXX pic...
login to view
By *ane 69   profile verified by photo (TV/TS/CD)  over a year ago

maybe people worry about site security ?

XXX pic...
login to view
By  *ornyinconwy75    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M)  over a year ago

"maybe people worry about site security ? "

Personaly if I was worried about site security, I wouldn't upload any pics at all!

Surely if all members had to get photo verified before uploading pics, this would deter a lot of "fakes" on here?

In turn making site more secure for genuine members?

Just my opinion

*aptain_mithras By *aptain_mithras   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

It’s easy to find excuses but genuine members will almost always want to be photo verified especially if they are “cough” , “cough” “cough” single lady or a couple.

“Cough”

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Photo verification isn't difficult to fake. There's so many apps out there to help.

We aren't photo verified as there's no need for us to be.

XXX pic...
login to view

"Photo verification isn't difficult to fake. There's so many apps out there to help.

We aren't photo verified as there's no need for us to be. "

I think that's half the problem, there's no "need" for anyone on site to be photo verified, just scroll down through who's on line, and count how many green ticks you see. I could make a profile as a female, upload a couple of pics of an ex, or any pic for that matter, then have unsuspecting members send me their pics!

I'm not saying all non verified members are fake at all, but to be photo verified to be able to upload or maybe receive pics, would result in a safer site...

"Photo verification isn't difficult to fake. There's so many apps out there to help.

I think that's half the problem, there's no "need" for anyone on site to be photo verified, just scroll down through who's on line, and count how many green ticks you see. I could make a profile as a female, upload a couple of pics of an ex, or any pic for that matter, then have unsuspecting members send me their pics!

I'm not saying all non verified members are fake at all, but to be photo verified to be able to upload or maybe receive pics, would result in a safer site..."

And possibly a quieter site. We wouldn't be here if pv was mandatory

*aptain_mithras By *aptain_mithras   profile verified by photo (M)  over a year ago

I'm not saying all non verified members are fake at all, but to be photo verified to be able to upload or maybe receive pics, would result in a safer site..."

I don’t understand why anyone would choose not to be ... but each to their own.

By *asygent  (M)  over a year ago

Makes very little difference nothing ever happens anyway.

The guidelines tell us that we cannot "slag off" other members and that if we have an issue with someone we should contact Mary-Jane, but she only accepts messages from Premium Members!

So how exactly do we go about "naming and shaming" clearly fake profiles as reporting them and their fake pictures (there's a female profile on this site that has changed ethnic origin at least three times now) to "admin" clearly does nothing????

I wonder how many single females or couples pretend to be a single male?

Go on ...... how many

*heshcple By  *heshcple    profile verified by photo premium paying member (M)(F  over a year ago

"The guidelines tell us that we cannot "slag off" other members and that if we have an issue with someone we should contact Mary-Jane, but she only accepts messages from Premium Members!

So how exactly do we go about "naming and shaming" clearly fake profiles as reporting them and their fake pictures (there's a female profile on this site that has changed ethnic origin at least three times now) to "admin" clearly does nothing???? "

You don't name and shame and just report and let Admin check it out